Real estate investing involves making a lot of difficult choices.
Should you invest in residential or commercial properties or both? If you choose residential, do you want to start small or jump in on a multi-family property? If you want to invest in commercial property, do you stick to a specific type like retail or industrial spaces, or do you branch out and include office space in your portfolio?
The hard choices don’t end once you’ve invested in a rental property. You still need to consider whether you should hire a property management company and which is the right one, especially when more than a few property management companies seem more interested in getting you to open your wallet rather than telling you what you’re paying for.
Melrose Realty doesn’t play those games. When you work with us, you’ll know exactly what you can expect, how we’ll deliver, and what it costs. In fact, you can check out an example of our costs on another page on this site.
For now, though, let’s focus on what you can expect and how we’ll deliver so that you know hiring us for your property management needs is the most efficient and effective decision you can make.
The Melrose Realty Difference
When it comes to rental properties, managing them essentially means:
- Screening and approving tenants and then dealing with any of their rental property needs as they come up
- Scheduling or approving repairs and inspections
- Collecting rent
- Marketing vacancies and filling them with new tenants
As the owner, you have the option to do this on your own at no extra cost financially to yourself. However, there will be a cost in terms of the time you spend doing it and the amount of attention it will require of you to ensure the work is done the right way. The more properties you have, the more this may become your regular full-time job.
The other option you have is to hire a rental property management company like Melrose Realty to handle all that work for you. This will give you your time back while also providing you with a service you can trust and rely on. A service where you and your property are our priority.
We understand all the benefits of investing in rental property and appreciate how difficult it is to manage without help. By hiring us, you’ll be hiring a team of experts that will handle everything a landlord would, so you don’t have to. You’ll have that time you would’ve spent acting as the landlord to invest in other pursuits, knowing you can trust us to ensure your property is maintained and profits maximized.
Our Rental Property Management Services
Our priority is to maximize your profits while protecting your investment for years to come. We do this by:
- Marketing Your Property: We advertise vacancies online on hundreds of listing sites. We also post available properties on our website. This strategy provides the fastest means to attract potential tenants, even allowing them to apply through their smartphones.
- Creating and Executing Leases: We understand the differences between residential and commercial property leases and the need for negotiating longer-term leases for the latter. We also understand the importance of returning tenants and renewing leases in a timely fashion.
- Scheduling and Executing Inspections: We have a vast knowledge of local building codes and the required inspections needed for all types of rental properties.
- Vetting Potential Tenants: Our streamlined tenant-screening process includes background checks, credit checks, and researching past rent payment histories. Our screening process is completed quickly and the highest quality tenants are validated and selected without delay.
- Collecting Rent: Our property management system makes it fast and easy for tenants to submit validated payments online via several options, such as electronic funds transfer, E-check or credit card. This system also allows us to deposit funds into your bank account without delay.
- Scheduling and Executing Maintenance: Our property management software allows for the submitting and processing of work orders as well as rapid communication with vendors or contractors. This results in quicker problem resolution and prevents them from becoming lingering issues.
- Handling Emergencies Effectively and Efficiently: We’re only a phone call or email away. We treat all emergencies with the speed and attention they demand.
- Maintain Records and Statements: We post Owner’s Statements to an online, secure, Owner’s Portal. This on-demand accessible feature provides a quick snapshot of your property details. Additional reports such as maintenance invoices can be provided at your request.
At Melrose Realty, you are our priority.
Still have questions? Ready to start? Contact us to book an initial consultation and we can address any lingering hesitations!